- Deeper Personal Connections — Podcasts offer much more than written media because they put a voice with words. You may have a favorite author or blogger that you love to read, but hearing their voice and hearing them express their thoughts literally adds a new dimension to their content. The audio component promotes a deeper connection between the speaker and listener and builds a greater affinity to the author’s work.
- More Personal & Informative Advertising — Not only are podcasts valuable for consumers, but for advertisers as well. Instead of running canned ads many advertisers are opting to have hosts read a short statement about their product or service but then talk more casually about the advertiser. This typically benefits the listener by allowing them to receive more details about a specific product or service without a major interruption to the experience of listening to an episode.
- Introduction to New Ideas — As a subscriber to a podcast, you are along for the ride. Much like watching a news program, you trust the provider to take you on a journey through different topics. These often prove to be new and unfamiliar topics and ideas that the host thinks are important.
- Redeemed Time and Continued Personal Growth — Related to the topic above, podcasts allow listeners to grow more in their knowledge or expertise about a topic or situation while at the same time redeeming time that would be wasted on an inane task. Commutes are turned into classrooms through podcasts. Dog walking becomes discipleship time. Exercising not only builds the body but the mind as well.
- Cultural Awareness — As podcasts sit on the leading edge of technology and information, those who are consumers of podcasts will often be more aware of the changes in culture. Season one of Serial spawned many debates online and at the office.
Here are my favourite reasons that I love Podcast.
Podcasts are portable
Whilst it’s possible to listen to podcasts on your computer, I personally prefer to take them on the move. I make a lot of 20 minute trips. Many podcasts fit into this timeframe and when you find one that’s regular you can subscribe so that the next episode is already available when you’re next free. I split my time on the go between listening to podcasts and listening to music.
They energise me
The right podcasts aren’t dumbed down. Listening to Ideas energises me and can set me up for the day.
They educate me
I’m an audio girl for sure, so I don’t know about you but I tend to retain information that someone says to me. Do you ever find that someone has a great idea for a book, but for various reasons they feel compelled to make it overlong? Repeating and embellishing the same point? Sometimes a 10 minute audio overview can explain the ideas in as useful a way as reading the whole book.
Podcasts give me ideas
Sometimes I drift off whilst listening to podcasts and whilst mulling over something in my head, I get an idea from a completely unrelated podcast topic. Eureka! Shebang – Pow – Blop – Whiz!
I’m in control
My car, only has a CD player and a radio. I frustrate myself flitting between 1 or 2 radio stations and the single cd. IT’s infuriating! I hate this onsg, shut up stupid, damn adverts…Can rewind, relisten, subscribe, just pick one.
Podcasts are free
Not everyone shares my love of podcasts, maybe because they perceive them as difficult and compared to turning on the TV or the Radio they are I guess. But, once you’ve got used to them, I think that they’re well worth the investment.
I can listen to podcasts while I clean my house.
I really don’t like housecleaning. The dust accumulates just as fast whether I dust once a week or once a month. In just a few days, you can hardly tell I even had a dust rag near the place. Thus, I have to keep my mind off these depressing facts while I clean my house, or I just won’t stick with it. But give me a good podcast to focus on, and I’ll get a room clean in no time. The only problem is that I can’t vacuum because then I can’t hear the podcast.
Here are some of my favorie podcasts…All of these are movie podcast
- 2 Guys and a Chainsaw
- 3 black geeks
- Let’s Have a Kiki- with MovieBitches (check out their youtube channel -Movie Bitches)
- A podcast and a movie
- Best bad movie Ever
- Bloody Date Night
- Dead Meat
- Decades of Horror
- Friday the 13th podcast
- How did this get made
- HillTop Horror
If you love moives, you should def check these out. Most of them are horror movies, but there are soooo many more movie podcast out there.